NANO revelation.
I've been doing the Nanowrimo thing this month, working on a novel about a 13-year-old girl. I had planned on parking my seat in front of the computer this weekend and trying for the 50,000 words. Wednesday night I had a revelation.
A friend had emailed, wondering if we could get together Friday night as her husband and son were out hunting. I thought, oh no, there goes my word count. I was stressing about it, when it suddenly dawned on me, and please don't laugh:
I didn't need to finish the book in November. I could continue into December and January and however long it took.
Somehow, I had relegated writing to the month of November. The other eleven months, nada. Well, it doesn't need to be that way. I can write twelve months of the year, if I wish.
This sounds so simple, and it is, but sometimes it is the simple things that elude me.
So I am very happy to have been a NANO participant, and I'm enjoying family and friends this holiday, and . . . the writing shall continue.
Just thought I'd share.